29 August 2009

Soap Batch Troubles and Demon Soap Fairies

So, I think there is something wrong with my soap scale. I made a batch that is supposed to fit in my large log mold (total oil weight 73.4 oz; total batch weight 106.4 oz) and I had 64 oz of emulsion left over after filling the mold! This is very troubling - I don't know what I have now - lye heavy; over superfatted?? I will get a new 9volt battery for the scale and weigh the log contents when I unmold it late tonight or tomorrow morning. I have no idea what my lye ratios are now . . . if they are anywhere near accurate - is everything off! This sucks . . . I used my Monoi de Tahiti de Tiara oil and I'll be damned if I'm going to throw it away! Somehow I'm going to figure out where this batch stands. I'm just heart sick. Now I think I understand what happened with my last batch with the alkanet infusion. My weights are all over the map, especially for my oils.

Blessings,
Rebalspiritrobi
Thor's - Leader of the Pack Bath & Body

No comments:

Post a Comment